Full Leg with Bikini
- please shower before your appointment. Skin should be cleaned before waxing.
- hair must be a quarter of an inch (about 10-14 days of growth) to adhere correctly to the wax.
- resist the urge to shave between sessions. Shaving chafes the skin and creates sharper, coarser hair!
- gently exfoliate your bikini line the night before your wax. Exfoliating the skin in this area will keep ingrown hairs at bay. It’s a good idea to make a habit of this, especially if you’re prone to ingrowns.
- come to your appointment as relaxed as you can. Like a lot of things in life, the anticipation is often worse than the actual event. Don’t listen to friends who tell you their waxing horror stories. Often people realize they thought it would be far worse than it actually is.
- take a deep breath. We often ask clients to take a few deep breaths and to try to relax their muscles once they get on the waxing table. Don’t worry—it really doesn’t hurt that much. and trust me, we want you to come back, so we won’t do anything to traumatize you!
- know that it gets better. We get that first timers don’t know what to expect. My advice is to acknowledge that the first one will be the most uncomfortable, especially if you’ve been shaving prior to it. However, it doesn’t have to be the worst thing you’ve ever done. Most of the time, people leave our room pleasantly relieved that the wax wasn’t nearly as bad as they expected. Every wax after the first one gets easier, especially when your hair starts growing in finer and we weaken that horrid follicle!
- medicate if you must. if you’re concerned about the potential for pain, take a couple of advil 20 minutes before your appointment.
- remember, it will be over before you know it. Being fuzz-free is so worth a couple minutes of discomfort!